A Brief of “First Commercial Bank ATM Heist” Investigated by MJIB The “First Commercial Bank ATM Heist” Case List of Suspects
Release date 2016/12/16 12:17:59 Update date 2019/05/06 16:07:21
Cyber Crime Prevention
- Preventing cyber & computer crimes, initiatively discovering clues and assisting all the units of MJIB in detecting computer crimes, providing related investigation skills, and analyzing digital evidence.
- Establishing information system environment to support investigation and enhance effectiveness.
Promotion and educational training for the prevention of computer crimes.
- Elaborating strategies for preventing computer crimes, emphasizing both crime prevention & investigation; creating both domestic and international cooperation channels for jointly combating cyber & computer crimes.
- Collecting information on threats to computer & cyber security and timely notifying those hacked government agencies, private companies, important organizations, etc.; investigating sources, paths, and modus operandi of the threats and then prosecuting the criminals; going to the locations of “command and control servers” to make a large-scale search for other hacked government agencies and private companies.
- Enhancing cybercrime investigation capabilities, not only through training special agents to advance their collecting skills, but also providing state-of-the-art tools and equipment, innovative methods for them; combating cross-border cybercrimes, comprehensively contacting law enforcement agencies around the world for mutual legal assistance, criminal intelligence exchange, and assistance in criminal investigations.
MJIB Cyber Forensics Laboratory
- The MJIB Cyber Forensics Laboratory was established in December 2006. It earned ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation issued by the Taiwan Accreditation Foundation (TAF) on November 28, 2013, and was the first accredited digital forensics lab in the field of“data recovery”in Taiwan. The Lab will try to maintain the validity and expand the scope of accreditation.
- Digital evidence forensics: All examiners are professionally trained and certified. They are well experienced and have specialties individually. After receiving requests from courts, prosecutor’s offices, and field units of MJIB, they examine the digital evidences and then submit reports. The Lab’s forensics examination cases increase by 20% annually.
- Organizational learning: To enhance the digital evidence preservation & initial examination capabilities and to build up the standard procedures for MJIB’s field units, we held more than 50 sessions of organization learning since 2013 to 2015. We also plan to establish forensic laboratories in our 6 field divisions of Taiwan’s 6 special municipalities.